Have you encountered paranormal activity?

Friday, October 3, 2008

Blog 7

Sources of Essay 2
Talking to Heaven by James Van Praagh
PSI by Louisa E.Rhine
"A Haunting" (Television series on Discovery Channel)

The above three sources are going to be the sources of which I will use. These are all good, informative sources. Talking to Heaven by James Van Praagh reveals the authors life experiences as a medium. He tells about his childhood experiences of having medium-like abilities. The he goes on to tell how he improved them. That is far enough into that book, or there wouldn't be any sense in writing a paper about it.

PSI by Louisa E.Rhine basically covers all elements of psychic abilities. The book is divided into different sections that explain the different areas of PSI. Each section, especially my section of use (section 5) has multiple real-life examples and explanations. Very detailed and descriptive, it also makes, simply, a good and intriguing book. Actually, I would suggest to anyone that both of the above books are very interesting to read.

"A Haunting" (Television series on Discovery Channel) is, supposedly, based on eye witness accounts. If this is true then the series will make a good addition to information in my paper. Many of the shows apply pretty well to my choice of the essay options.


I did discover a book entitled Mysterious Kentucky by B.M. Nunnelly. It is a very intriguing book to read on free time. The book tells of some of the most exotic and unheard of sightings and encounters. It doesn't help me with this essay but it might you. Good luck everyone.

3 comments:

Stephanie_Lyon said...

I really like the topic that you chose for your essay. I also think that you did a good job researching your topic. Your sources look very interesting. I do watch the show "A Haunting" and I have to say that they are very informative and these stories are based on actual events. Sometimes they are scary and a little freaky but I can't help but watch them. I definitely believe in all things paranormal. Good luck on your essay and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Natalie said...

Zach, I have always been interested in your blogs, you have such great research and topics. Your reseach has come in handy a time or for me, so I would like to thank you for your additional thoughts and comments. Reading some of your past blogs, it seems as though you really enjoy watching television shows regarding the paranormal. I wish I could get get into watching them myself, I am sure if I did, it would help out in this class. To be honest, I am not as interested in the paranormal as I thought I would be. If you don't mind me asking, would you have any advice for a student such as me who has been asked to write about topics that don't interest them? I would appreciate any guidance you may have. Great job in all your research, and Good luck in the class!

DouglasKo said...

It seems as if people take some of this a little to literal, so i might just vent on you for a moment,...There is NO such thing as paranormal events are, are phenomenons! Everything has an explanation, and this was the most ignorant and un purposeful topic For a writing class

Other then that your very detail oriented and sound like you have a good emphasis on pulling research and FACTUAL EVIDENCE